- Which personal data are collected
- How we use your personal data and with whom it may be shared
- Your rights in relation to the gathered information
Your personal data will be collected and processed by LEAP FORWARD GROUP, a Belgian company with registered office at Sint Salvatorstraat 18/303 9000 Gent and known in the Crossroads Bank of Enterprises under number BE0678735823.
Which personal data do we collect?
- Personal data you give us: For example, your name and email address when you enter this information in the contact form and any additional information as a result of the purchase of our services.
- Personal data we get from your use of our Website or services: Log information: we store some data in server logs that include, but are not limited to:
- Internet Protocol address;
- The external website that referred you;
- The pages you visited on our Website;
- Time and date of each page visited by you;
- Details on how you use our services.
- Device information: we can collect device-specific information e.g. serial number, hardware type, version etc.
- Local storage: using browser web storage, application data caches and other mechanisms on your device we can collect and store your data (including personal data)
How did we obtain your personal data?
We obtain this data via any means by which we were in touch with you. Contact forms that you have filled out, via email, via phone calls, live conversations, subscription to one of our newsletters, business cards we got from you.
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data to provide, maintain, protect, promote and improve our services and to develop new ones. Your personal data is only stored for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected, as long as you hold the position or function for which we contact you.
With your consent (article 6A Privacy Law), we may use your personal data to:
- Communicate with you, namely by providing feedback to questions you asked via the contact form and to respond to your job applications;
- Promote use of our services to you on the Website.
- Communicate with you in light of research projects, events we organize (e.g. Product Design Meetup, Flow, Arena, …)
- Send you newsletters
We will only share your personal data:
For legal reasons: We may share personal data to meet any applicable law or regulation or follow any order from a competent supervisory body.
With entities who process personal data for us: These entities may only process the personal data upon our instructions and for the purposes necessary to fulfil the purposes of the processing. These entities are equally bound by the Privacy Law.
What security measures are taken with your data?
Information will be stored on a secure server and LEAP FORWARD GROUP undertakes to take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
YOU MAY ASK US TO PROVIDE YOU, FREE OF CHARGE, WITH:
- Any personal data we hold about you;
- Further information concerning the purpose of collecting your personal data;
- Additional information about the recipients of your personal data or categories of recipients of personal data.
- You have a right to receive, free of charge, a copy in intelligible form of any relevant personal data that is undergoing processing.
- Any incorrect, irrelevant and incomplete personal data as well as any personal data that infringes your fundamental rights, will be, upon request, deleted or corrected free of charge.
- You may instruct us not to process any of your personal data or you may object to the processing of personal data (provided that you give a compelling and legitimate reason) free of charge.
- We shall under no circumstances process personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or any personal data concerning health or sex life.
User research data
The above info concerns our website. When you take part in user research organised by the LEAP FORWARD GROUP and all underlying companies (Little Miss Robot, Knight Moves ad Once) this is important:
- We organise different types of research to make sure that the organisations we work for (‘our clients’) deliver more useful and user friendly services and products to their customers/users. We organise among others short and in-depth interviews, focus groups, observations, ideation and co-creation session, and user tests.
- We only collect personal data after we have informed research participants about the study and the purpose of data collection in an accessible way; and after we have obtained explicit consent from the participant to participate.
- We limit the collection of personal data to what we strictly need:
- to recruit participants such as a name, phone number, email address, age, gender and/or occupational status; and
- to answer our research questions: typically we ask participants whether they know a specific service, website or application; why they did (not) make use of the service; what their experience is with this service; and/or we invite participants to test a service (prototype) to get feedback on how it could be improved
- to transfer our insights to the client for whom we conduct the research: we take pictures, record audio and/or video to integrate in research presentations
- Participants give separate consent for the collection of the different types of data. In other words, participants can choose to answer the interview questions but refrain from being photographed/filmed.
- For the purpose of our research studies we do not require data related to participants’ racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, trade-union membership, religious or philosophical beliefs or sex life or sexual orientation. Neither does our research imply the collection of genetic data, biometric data or health-related data. If this would exceptionally be the case additional precautionary measures will be taken and explained to the participants
- We keep the personal data that we collected only for a fixed period, that is the foreseen term of the project and maximum 1 year (in case a project is prolonged).
- When we aim to use pictures or video or other collected personal data for marketing purposes, we inform participants about this in the consent form and ask explicit consent to keep the data for a maximum period of 3 years:
- Can we share an image of you for external purposes? (website X, social media x, other media)
- Can we share your name for external purposes? (website X, social media x, other media)
- At any time a copy of the collected data concerning you or your company can be asked: email@example.com
- At any time the collected data concerning you or your company van be deleted or edited: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event you have questions relating to the processing of your personal data, or in the event you wish to submit a request for access to, modification of or deletion of your personal data, or in the event you wish to object to the processing of your personal data, you may send us an email at email@example.com. We will provide you with the relevant information or an answer as soon as reasonably possible, but in any event no later than 30 days after the receipt of the request in case of a request for access and 30 days after submission in case of an objection to the processing or a request for modification or erasure.